Friday, August 16, 2013

Be a giver and not only a receiver....


it really struck deeply in my heart...about the whole giving and receive thingy....I have been struggling with this the past few months...and was really arguing with myself in my mind about giving....

Christopher Chapman’s 1680 grave in Westminster Abbey reads “What I gave, I have. What I spent, I had. What I left, I lost by not giving it.”

I realize that the moment you start to "berkira" of what you gave that's the moment that everything would go wrong...because you gave out of the wrong reasons...I "use" to have this naïve thingy that would give and give and do and do...but as time goes by I started to "berkira" started to ask why am I doing this doing that...? and why should I? then finally I started to give less....and that was when (now I realize) life was unhappy...life started to be miserable...  

I stumble upon an article that was shared on FB today...

http://mystarjob.com/articles/story.aspx?file=%2F2013%2F8%2F10%2Fmystarjob_careerguide%2F13433456&sec=mystarjob_careerguide

I am still struggling but hoping everything would be better in time to come....

when I read dy's post there was a sentence ...warmth, generosity, hospitality beyond compare.

these four things struck me...it's really simple....but hard to practice....how can we do that?...some people give the little that they have...and it sometimes meant the whole world to the other....

I will try to find my way back to the route which was suppose to be...my mom always said when you're giving you should not complain cos...that's when you let God bless you...! I have yet to master that kind of giving in my life...a long the journey of life...I have met strangers who just gave me so much that I was dumbstruck ...beyond comparison ... would I be able to do that?...will I try to do that??

what's left of the year...!and I will try to give the best that I can...!! be the giver...and not only the receiver...!

p/s....had a weird dream last nite...was awaken by it...I dreamt I was pronounce dead!!!..

note for the heart : Be thankful for what you have because what you have might be gold to others...!!







2 comments:

Dy said...

Oh jane... you dont know how much "gold" you've deposited in my life!... and I thank you.

I guess we all need to "relearn" our hospitality and generosity :) I learnt a lot about this on the Murud trip. Sedap sungguh kacang and pusuk bila di share :) Duck? what duck? who cares about duck. hehehe...

jenkays said...

kan...for the pass few weeks..i learn that the simple2 nasi goreng with telur and cili taste awesome...fried kembung is sometimes more awesome than a slab of steak!!...

let's learn to give more and show that we have a plenty full life rather than don't give and show how much we don't have..!!